[Icu_sig] Your assistance please
jpaulus at dom.edu
Tue Dec 9 15:54:09 EST 2008
I have been asked to gather data on best practices of DSS Offices in
order to inform our strategic plan. In order to compare data relevant
to the same student demographics; We are a small, private, catholic
university with a total UG & Grad enrollment of 3400. We currently have
85 documented students with disabilities.
My questions are;
1. What is the Organizational Structure of the DSS office? (Who
do you report to? Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, etc.)
2. What is the staffing pattern? (How many full-time / part-time
3. How many documented students to you serve?
4. What type of assistive technology is available?
5. Do you have LD Specialists tutors?
6. Do you have Assistive Tech Specialists?
7. Do you have peer tutors?
8. Who assists with support of students with
psychological/emotional issues? (Do you provide on site counseling?)
9. About how much time do you spend on faculty/staff
10. About how much of your time is spent on direct services to
students? Ie; meetings, test proctoring, training?
Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
in advance for your assistance.
Administrative Assistant/Disability Support Services Coordinator
Lewis Hall, Room 132 / Parmer Hall 010H
708-524-6822 / 708-524-5177
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Icu_sig